STORY CONTINUES BELOW THESE SALTWIRE VIDEOS
P.E.I.’s first Earthship nonetheless holding sturdy 10 years in | SaltWire
CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. — Lower than 4 months after shuffling the ranks of the province’s most senior civil servants, the Dennis King authorities is once more altering course for members of its senior administration crew.
An Aug. 8 assertion introduced the change in job titles for eight deputy ministers and three crown company CEOs.
A few of these senior managers have solely been of their present roles for just a few months, having been appointed to their posts on April 14 following the re-election of Dennis King’s Progressive Conservatives.
Amongst these shuffled is Dan Campbell, who had been serving as essentially the most senior civil servant within the province. Campbell, who served as clerk of the manager council since 2021, will transfer to a brand new position as CEO of the Employees Compensation Board of P.E.I.
Jamie Aiken, a former deputy minister for Financial Growth, Innovation and Commerce, will transfer into the position of the clerk of the manager council and secretary to cupboard. Aiken had been newly appointed to his former position shortly after final April’s election. Previous to that, Aiken had served as chair of Finance P.E.I. for practically 10 years.
Aiken’s position will contain overseeing all different deputy ministers in King’s authorities.
In a press release, King thanked Campbell for his work, stating his management was “instrumental in advancing the mandate of our authorities.”
Two different senior figures from King’s first time period in workplace will transfer out of their management roles and into new roles within the post-secondary sector.
Bethany MacLeod, who has served as deputy minister of training since 2019, will turn into a particular advisor to Holland School president Sandy MacDonald.
Pamela Trainor, who has served within the Premier’s Workplace since 2019 as assistant clerk of the manager council and assistant secretary to cupboard, will tackle a task offering strategic help to the UPEI Board of Governors.
SaltWire requested whether or not the provincial authorities would nonetheless pay the salaries of MacLeod and Trainor of their new roles. A response has not but been obtained.
A report launched final spring by the regulation agency Rubin Thomlinson discovered UPEI’s management crew had didn’t create a protected and respectful studying atmosphere for college students.
Final spring, Dennis King pledged he would stress the college to make sure the report’s suggestions had been applied. It’s not clear whether or not or not Trainor’s new position is said to this pledge.
Christopher Gillis, who has served within the Premier’s Workplace since 2021 because the deputy minister of priorities and intergovernmental affairs, will preserve this position whereas taking up Trainor’s earlier position.
Six different authorities departments even have a brand new deputy minister:
- Stefanie Corbett will lead the Division of Financial Growth, Innovation and Commerce, transferring from her former position as CEO of Innovation P.E.I.
- Erin McGrath-Gaudet will transfer to Training and Early Years from Workforce, Superior Studying and Inhabitants
- Natalie Mitton, a former vice chairman of educational utilized analysis at Holland School, will transfer into the position of deputy minister of Workforce, Superior Studying and Inhabitants
- Former deputy minister of agriculture Brian Matheson will turn into deputy minister of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Gordon MacFadyen, a former assistant secretary to treasury board, will turn into the brand new deputy minister of Agriculture
- Norbert Carpenter, a former director of the Public Colleges Department, will turn into the brand new deputy minister of Surroundings, Vitality and Local weather Motion
Three crown firms have a brand new CEO:
- Dan Campbell will transfer into the position of CEO of the Employees Compensation Board of P.E.I.
- Cheryl Paynter, former CEO of the Employees Compensation Board, will turn into the CEO of the P.E.I. Housing Company
- Brad Colwill, former deputy minister of atmosphere, vitality and local weather motion, will turn into CEO of Innovation P.E.I.
5 deputy ministers can be remaining of their present departments. These are:
- Jamie MacDonald, deputy minister of Housing, Land and Communities
- Michele Koughan, deputy minister of Fisheries, Tourism, Sport and Tradition
- Teresa Hennebery, deputy minister of Social Growth and Seniors
- Denise Lewis Fleming, deputy minister of Finance
- Lisa Thibeau, deputy minister of Well being and Wellness
With the departure of Norbert Carpenter from the Public Colleges Department, a brand new appearing director has been named.
Heather Mullen, chair of the P.E.I. Public Colleges Department board of trustees, confirmed Tracy Beaulieu, an administrative help chief with the department, has been named appearing director.
Stu Neatby is a political reporter with SaltWire in Prince Edward Island. He will be reached by e-mail at [email protected] and adopted on Twitter @stu_neatby.