Local News

Summerside, P.E.I. residence damaged by March 1 fire



SUMMERSIDE, P.E.I. — A Summerside house was broken by fireplace March 1.

Members of the Summerside Fireplace Division, police and Island EMS responded to the decision shortly after 1:30 p.m. They stayed on scene for simply over an hour preventing the fireplace.

Once they arrived on the Gerene Drive residence one resident, a lady, was within the ambulance and later went to the hospital to be checked for accidents.

A Summerside residence has sustained damage during a March 1 fire. – Kristin Gardiner/SaltWire Network
A Summerside residence has sustained injury throughout a March 1 fireplace. – Kristin Gardiner/SaltWire Community

Fireplace Chief Ron Enman informed SaltWire Community that the fireplace was in a bed room behind the house. As of two:30 p.m. on March 1, the provincial Fireplace Marshal’s Workplace was investigating its trigger.

As a result of extent of the injury, the residence was rendered uninhabitable in its present state.

Kristin Gardiner is a reporter with the SaltWire Community in Prince Edward Island. She may be reached by electronic mail at [email protected] and adopted on Twitter @KristinGardiner.

Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button